I’ve turned into something of a busybody and I have to say, I enjoy it. It’s the kind of busy that nurtures my introvert qualities. Currently, I’m:
- Reviewing manuscript submissions. If you’d like to submit IR fiction or unique fiction, click here.
- Editing publisher manuscripts
- Carrying out developmental editing on a submission (Hi Dave!)
- Working five days a week
- Trying to keep a clean household
- On the path to losing 20 lbs
- Enrolled in a women’s financial independence six-month course
I’m tired a lot these days so I’ve been making time for things I enjoy—binge-watching new shows, budgeting (don’t judge me! lol), hanging out with family. The shift that I’ve noticed in the past few weeks, however, is that I’m taking more time for myself and to do the things I love, instead of running myself ragged trying to fulfill the duties of being a daughter, sister, friend, etc. before considering my own needs.
I think it’s primarily a “woman” thing to do, neglect yourself, but we have to give some love to these shoulders upon which we carry the weight of the world.
What have you done in the past week to take care of you?